This day camp is for children and teenagers between 8 and 15 years old.
One of the oldest Olympic sports
A gliding sport that takes place on water, in safe crafts of 1, 2, 4 or 8 rowers
A sport of complete physical endurance that will enhance coordination and concentration
A mixed sport, accessible for children as young as 10 years old
- Help young athletes discover rowing in a safe environment under the supervision of qualified instructors
- Encourage physical exercise amongst young people
- Introduce these youths to a competitive sport
- Develop their sense of pride in belonging on a team
Development : By participating in our day camp (8-15 years old, weekly), young rowers forge strong links with other youngsters their age, marked by unforgettable moments that teach them to work together as a team. From the age of 16, they can transition if they wish, to our competitive team (see Competitive Program).
The camp begins at 9 am and ends at 4 pm.
During the day, going out on the water is interspersed with small lectures and activities out of the water.
All technical equipment is provided (boat, paddles, life jackets). Young people who have previously been to our camp – can enroll again as the learning objectives are adjusted according to the level of knowledge of children enrolled.
Light rain or drizzle does not stop us from getting out on the water. However, strong winds, waves and storms will necessitate off-water activities, which again are conducted by our monitors
It is very important that our young members follow the Club’s instructions.
Recommended dress code
- Sweater… Avoid loose sweaters because they can get caught in the seat rails
- Above the knee shorts or cycling pants
- Cap or hat
- A change of clothes … because sometimes you will get wet!
- Old pair of socks … they are required when fixed-shoe boats are used
- Older sneakers that can tolerate being wet
Sun screen (a must, as we are always under the sun when on the water)
Sweaters and caps bearing the image of the club are available for purchase.
Camp weeks for 2017
- Week of June 26
- Week of July 3
- Week of July 10
- Week of July 17
- Week of July 24
- Week of July 31
- Week of August 7
- Week of August 14
180$ per week (including a camp tshirt)