BASE CHIEF OF AVIRON LACHINE ROWING, MONTREAL
Rowing is a non-contact, complete and safe team sport that can be practiced into old age. The Aviron Lachine Rowing wants to make its sport known to more young people and recruit more members. The club’s board of directors is looking for a dynamic individual who will be up to this challenge.
Under the supervision of the board of directors, the base chief has to ensure all the services offered while respecting the mission and values of the organization; he or she is responsible for all club operations, including day camps and initiation courses. Main responsibilities:
- Manage paid and volunteer human resources.
- Maintain the quality of rowing instruction and the fun of learning.
- Encourage day camp youth and adults to become members.
- Encourage members to participate in club activities.
- Promote the club in the community and on social networks.
- Liaise between the board of directors and the employees.
- College training (management and intervention in leisure) or university (Bachelor’s degree in sports intervention in progress or completed) in leisure activities, sports activities, recreational activities or any other acquired deemed relevant.
- Knowledge of rowing is an asset, but the candidate does not need to have practiced the sport before. However, he or she will need to make a commitment to learn to row and compete in rowing regattas.
- Coaching a competitive sport, team management and / or management of a sports organization.
- Leadership and Initiative
- Good written and oral communication
- Ability to carry out multiple tasks
- Full time from May to August; part-time from September to April possible if the candidate wants to work remotely.
- Possibility of recurring work according to the projects developed by the base chief and reaching the recruitment objectives of the organization.
- Variable schedule depending on the season. Possibility of working evenings and weekends in high season.
- Competitive remuneration according to skills and experience.
For more information, contact:
Treasurer of the Aviron Lachine club: email@example.com 514-923-5700